Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt (Fine) - For Holiday Hydrotherapy Body Bath
Hydrotherapy is a traditional method of healing, used for centuries by many ancient cultures in the treatment of disease and injury.
What you need:
1 Cup Himalayan Salt (normal bath), OR 1-2 lbs (about 2-4 cups) of Himalayan Salt for a STRONG bath
1 Gallon of cool water with ice and lemon (lemon aids detoxification)
Bowl of ice water and wash cloth (optional, for hot baths)
3-4 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil or oil of choice
1. Shower and wash thoroughly before taking a detox bath.
2. Fill your tub with water that is about 98-100 degrees, just at or slightly above body temperature. This allows for maximum absorption and will also make you sweat. If you prefer hot baths, then enjoy it hot. You'll still experience an effective detox.
3. Dissolve Himalayan salts in the tub as it's filling. If your salts are chunky, you may need to let them sit overnight in a large pot of water to fully dissolve. If using essential oils, add them to the running water as your tub fills.
4. Soak in the tub for as long as feels comfortable, 40 minutes is generally recommended.
5. Remember to stay hydrated! Drink water before and after detox
6. When you're finished, drain the tub and get out slowly. Some weakness is to be expected. Some people recommend showering again after the detox bath, however it's best to air dry, letting the mineral-rich water soak into your skin.