Effective Date of Current Policy: July 31, 2014
The beauty industry always has emerging trends and things tend to change quickly. This affects EXPRESSIONS, as well, so there will be times when we'll review these Terms to make sure they accurately reflect current laws and our business operations. We reserve the right to change or update these Terms at any time. You'll know when changes have been made because we'll change the "Effective Date" at the top of this page. That way you'll be able to see right away if these Terms have changed you visited last. Once we make any changes to the Terms, your continued use of the Services means you've accepted the revisions, so please review them frequently.
We only allow individuals over 18 years old who can form legally binding contracts with us to use the Services. However, we know that many teens can benefit from our acne and other treatment devices. Therefore, if you aren't quite 18, but would like to use the Services, you may do so if a parent or legal guardian who is at least 18 years old supervises you. In these scenarios, the adult would be the user and also responsible for your activities on the Site.
In addition, you're only allowed to use or receive the Services to the extent the laws of your jurisdiction permit you. Please make sure these Terms are in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations that apply to you.
Your use of the Services means you confirm that you meet all eligibility requirements that are outlined in these Terms. We may bar people from having access or using the Services and can also change the eligibility criteria.
Our Services are offered for personal noncommercial use only, and may not be used to benefit a third party (unless you are a parent or legal guardian using the Services for your minor child).
Most of our Site can be navigated without registering an account ("Account") with us. However, there are features that do require an Account. Once you create your Account, you are solely responsible for any activity that occurs through your Account. To help us serve you better, you agree to provide us with accurate and complete information and to keep your information updated at all times. Outdated and incorrect information can cause delays and errors that we can't be responsible for.
Please, do not share your account information. It just isn't a good idea. Do not allow anyone to access your registration information or Account without your permission. Similarly you may not access another person's Account or registration information without their permission. You are solely responsible for guarding your Account and Account password and keeping them safe. You are also solely responsible for your own failure to do so. You should never post, distribute, publish your login information for your Account, anywhere (ever).
Deleting your account is easy: just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Get Your EXPRESSIONS Device or Accessory
This is the fun part.
- EXPRESSIONS sells products and devices to enhance your face, body, hair and nails. You may:
- Mouse-over the desired product on the "Face," "Body," "Hair" or "Nails" page and choose the option that appears for “Add to Cart. ” With this option, one item of the product is added to your shopping cart. A popup box will appear over the page that confirms you have added the item to your cart and will ask you to Continue Shopping or Proceed to Check Out.
- If you are on the product page itself (the page that gives detailed information about that one product): on the right side of the page, use the plus/minus signs to show the quantity you wish to order (1,2,3, etc.) Then click the button that says "Add to Cart." A popup box will appear over the page that confirms you have added the item(s) to your cart and will ask you to Continue Shopping or Proceed to Check Out. You may click on the "X" next to the product(s) to remove it/them from your cart.
- When you proceed to Checkout, we'll need to have your name, address, and telephone number in order to ship your order. Once you've saved your address, the Shopping Cart will allow you to enter a different Delivery Address (click "Update" to do so) and will also display your shipping fees. You can also select the option to use the delivery address as the billing address. We offer Singapore Registered mail (with tracking number) as well. The waiting time is usually 5 - 14 days, depending on Singpost service. The length of time depends on your location. We also offer expedited shipping through DHL, also with a tracking number.
- At the bottom of the same page where you confirm your shipping information, you can view your total and select your payment option. When you click Confirm Your Purchase, you've authorized us to charge your order total to your selected payment option.
- Getting your purchases by mail is still an exciting experience. We know how much anticipation is involved, so we make sure that as soon as your order is shipped, you receive confirmation by email with the tracking number. However, you can also email us at email@example.com if you would like to know more information about the shipping status of your purchase. We're available to answer your questions between 9am - 6pm (+8 GMT) each weekday, excluding public holidays.
- We do our absolute best to get your order out the door quickly so you can begin enjoying your purchase as soon as possible. However, if you would like to modify your order during this rapid process, we'll still try our best, but cannot make any guarantee. If you would like to change or cancel your order, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Change/Cancel Order" in the subject field, and we'll do everything to stop the order and/or make the modification, as necessary. If it is not possible to change or modify your order, it is usually because it has shipped already.
- Once we have given your order to the shipping carrier, whether it's Singapore Post or DHL, the risk of loss and title for all products you've ordered passes to you.
At EXPRESSIONS, we accept refunds and exchanges within 45 days of purchase.
We offer a 45 day money back guarantee on all our products. Should you be unhappy with your product/device, you can return the undamaged item back to us within 45 days of the date of delivery. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. The device as well as its accessories must be in the original packaging. To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Consumables do not qualify for returns if they are opened.
All shipping and handling charges do apply for returns if we are not at fault.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted: (if applicable)
- Any item that is not in its original condition or is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error.
- Any item that is returned more than 45 days after delivery, not having been modified, changed or altered in anyway.
- Customized and wholesale/volume orders are processed for returns on a case-by-case basis.
EXPRESSIONS guarantees you will receive your order in good condition. In the event any product/device is defective, we will replace it and cover all shipping charges incurred by you. You’ll need to reach us within five days of delivery to get a return-shipping label.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will be applied to your credit card or original method of payment..
Late or missing refunds:
If you did not receive your refund, please check with PayPal, your bank account or credit card company first. Refunds may take up to 15 days for processing. If you have not received your refund after 15 days, please contact us at email@example.com
We only replace items if they have defective workmanship. If you need to exchange one item for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Buyer must contact us to request a return-shipping label. Return labels will not be mailed. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
The time it will take for your exchanged product to reach you will vary depending on where you live.
If you are shipping an item whose value is over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
- Please click here for information on warranties.
- Our order process supports the Japanese and English languages.
Help keep our products original and our ideas fresh, please don't use or copy any of our intellectual property. All of the content that appears on the Services, including without limitation all designs, illustrations, icons, photographs, video clips and written materials, as well as the compilation of the website, Services, and other materials, are the exclusive property of EXPRESSIONS or our licensors and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names that appear on the Services and the overall design and layout of the Site and Services (collectively the "Marks") are proprietary to EXPRESSIONS, or the respective owners of such Marks. You may not display, reproduce, or otherwise use the content or materials on the Services, including the Marks, without first receiving written consent from us. You may not remove or otherwise modify any legal or trademark notices from any content we make available through the Services. Scraping the Services or using other automated or manual means to take our content without our prior consent is expressly prohibited. Any unauthorized use of any content or materials on the Services is strictly prohibited and violates copyright, trademark, and/or other intellectual property laws, and/or the laws of privacy, publicity, and/or communications regulations and statutes.
If you would like to request authorization to use the materials or content on the Services, please contact us at email@example.com
Okay, none of that meant we didn't want you to use the site. Actually, we give you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., display in your location) the Services solely for personal, non-commercial, use. That's limited licensure. It allows you to use and enjoy our Services as we provide them, in the manner we permit through these Terms. In other words, this license gives you the rights we expressly state in this section.
We want to be super clear, though. This license does not permit you to do any of the following:
- Resell or make any commercial use of the Services or any of the Service content;
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or convert into human readable form any of the Service content not intended to be so read, including using or directly viewing the underlying HTML or other code from the Services except as interpreted and displayed in a web browser;
- Copy, imitate, mirror, reproduce, distribute, publish, download, display, perform, post, store, or transmit any of the Service content, including without limitation any Marks, in any form or by any means, including—but not limited to—electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise;
- Use any manual or automated software devices or other processes (including data mining, bots, spiders, automated tools or similar data gathering and extraction methods) to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Services or to collect any information from the Services or any user of the Services; or
- Harvest or scrape any content from the Services.
We also don't want anyone doing anything that would harm the Services we offer. You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services:
- Take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our or our third party providers’ infrastructure;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services;
- Bypass, circumvent, or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services, including without limitation other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services;
- Run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services; or
License You Grant to EXPRESSIONS
All that aside, we want you to be an active member of our community. There will be times when you might see places on Services where you can post information or communicate with us or other users. Please do use these tools to meet other members of our beauty community and tell us what you think about our Services. These may be in the form of social media posts, bulletin boards, chat rooms, comment areas, billboards, forums, news groups, postings sections or similar communications facilities.
Any User Content (as defined below) that you make will remain yours. You will keep all ownership or license rights to your User Content, including the right to grant additional licenses to your User Content. There are no restrictions on your ownership and license rights in your User Content unless you otherwise agree in writing. Although we do not own any of your content, when you provide content to us, you also give us license to use it to better our services, advertise or make promotional material with it.
So when you submit, distribute, transmit, or post any communications, photographs, or any other material to EXPRESSIONS (either through the Services; through our pages on third party sites, such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook: collectively known as “User Content”), you give us the right and license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute your User Content in any and all media formats or distribution channels. You agree that this license includes the right for EXPRESSIONS to use your User Content to provide, promote, and improve the Services. You agree that this license is irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, fully paid, royalty-free, and will survive termination of your Account. Please note that we may use User Content without compensation of any kind to you, including if we use User Content for advertising or promotional purposes. We are, however, greatly appreciative that you choose to help us be a great company in this way.
You also agree that if your User Content contains any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques, we can use the User Content and anything it contains for any purpose including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products.
In addition to giving EXPRESSIONS a license, you also give each user of the Services an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, fully paid, and royalty-free right and license to access your User Content through the Services and to use, edit, modify, publish, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, adapt, and promote such submissions, including after any termination of your Account.
In short, if you choose to better our community and Services by sharing something with us, or for whatever reason you choose to share it, you keep ownership of it and can continue to do anything you want with it, but you also allow us and our other users to use your User Content for our benefit, or just as we see fit. If you don’t agree to these conditions, we're still friends, but please don’t provide us with any User Content. This way, it won't get used.
Representations About Content You Submit
If and when you decide to submit User Content, there is yet another list of rules we really need you to abide by --otherwise you'll get us into quite a bit of trouble. When submitting User Content, you represent and warrant (...as in "promise"):
- You hold all necessary right, title, and license to such materials (i.e., it's yours, so you have the right to let us use it);
- That your submission of such materials to EXPRESSIONS does not and will not violate or infringe the rights of any third-parties, including without limitation, any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights (as in: make sure your User Content doesn't actually belong to someone else); and
- All User Content you provide is accurate, complete, up-to-date, and not misleading (be honest).
In addition, any User Content must not
- Include any profanity or obscene, indecent, or pornographic material;
- Contain any unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, such as spam;
- Contain software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit, or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information of ours or of any third party;
- Impersonate any person or entity; or
- Include anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
All this boils down to respecting the intellectual property rights of others. You have your rights, we have ours, our users have theirs and so does everyone outside our community. These have to be upheld according to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If we believe a user may be infringing upon someone’s intellectual property rights, we may remove the material. If we believe someone is repeatedly infringing, we will terminate that person’s access rights.
If you believe someone has posted on the Services a work that you own without your authorization, contact us immediately. Please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following to our Designated Agent (whose contact information is below):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that we are capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Your contact information, including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a valid belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and you are authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please contact the Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement for Company by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Private vs. Non-private Content
TIP: Remember, if you post something publicly on the Services, others may be able to read it. Use caution when providing personal information about yourself, friends or family, especially your children.
Third Party Content and User Content:
You may see a lot of different content on the Services, some of which will come from other users or sources outside EXPRESSIONS. All content, including User Content and third-party content, is the responsibility of the party that creates it. EXPRESSIONS does not control or endorse any User Content or third-party content, and we make no claims or representations regarding any content we do not create. We may provide links to third-party sites or resources, but these links do not mean we endorse or have any associations with the third parties. All moderators, forum managers, or hosts on the Services are not authorized as our spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of EXPRESSIONS.
If any damage or loss results from your use of, reliance on, or any other connection between you and any content that any third party makes available, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly. Anytime you access third-party resources on the Internet, it is at your own risk.
At EXPRESSIONS, we spend most of our time making sure that applications which are at the top of the line in the beauty industry are available to everyone, and we try to keep a good eye on what's going on around the Services, too. While we may review content on the Services, we do not have an obligation to do so. We do, however, reserve the right to review, remove, block, or modify any content on the Services, including User Content, without notice or further obligation to you.
We take no responsibility related to third-party content, User Content, or any actions resulting from your use of any part of the Services. EXPRESSIONS will have no liability in connection with any content submitted to, transmitted via, or displayed or posted on or through the Services, regardless of whether EXPRESSIONS or another party provides it.
- Which users can access the Services;
- What content you access via the Services;
- What effects the content may have on you;
- How you may interpret or use the content; or
- What actions you may take as a result of your exposure to the content.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL EXPRESSIONS OR ANYONE REPRESENTING EXPRESSIONS BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, FOR (A) ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM: (I) YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT; (II) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR EXPRESSIONS'S SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (III) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICES; OR (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION) OR (B) ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) OF THE GREATER OF (I) FEES PAID TO US FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS; OR (II) $500.00.
THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER BASED ON TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT EXPRESSIONS WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Of course, our objective in having the Services is to make happy community members out of everyone, but we do reserve the right to terminate your license to use the Services or to block or prevent your access to the Services, without providing you with notice or reason. In the event of termination, your obligations under these Terms will still continue.
Governing  Law
Regardless of where you live or where you use the Services, the laws of the Singapore will govern these Terms and the relationship between you and EXPRESSIONS, just the same as if you signed these Terms in Singapore, without regard to Singapore state’s conflicts of laws rules. If any provisions of these Terms are inconsistent with any applicable law, those provisions will be superseded and/or modified only to the extent such provisions are inconsistent. The parties agree to submit to the courts in Singapore, Singapore for exclusive jurisdiction of any dispute arising out of or related to your use of the Services or your breach of these Terms.
If it turns out that any part of these Terms are invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be deemed severable and limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary. The limitation or elimination of the term will not affect any other terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and EXPRESSIONS and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written with respect to these Services. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Although we strive to maintain the utmost professionalism, sometimes things happen that are not under our control. We will not be liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations stated in these Terms if the failure results from a cause beyond our reasonable control, including—without limitation—mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation.
You cannot assign, transfer or sublicense these Terms without first obtaining our consent. We may assign, transfer, or delegate any of our rights and obligations without your consent. These Terms do not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship, and neither party has any authority to bind the other in any respect.
If we do not enforce any part of these Terms, it does not mean we give up the right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives.
The section and paragraph headings in these Terms are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.